Kodaris offers a dynamic and flexible PIM. The Kodaris PIM can be operate a few different ways:
- Stand Alone - in this mode, the life cycle of product data is 100% in the PIM itself. Product data is added and maintained 100% in Kodaris.
- Hybrid - in this mode, product data is maintained in Kodaris and an ERP or another system. Kodaris maintains a near real time bi-directional communication with an external system for ultimate flexibility of where your users are used to working and where there is the best fit operationally to maintain specific pieces of information.
- Commerce Only - in this mode, all product information normally maintained in an external system is maintained in that system. An example would ERP data. Users continue to maintain all data in that system. Kodaris holds both ERP and Commerce data combined. There would be a near real time sync to Kodaris from the ERP and other departments such as marketing would maintain commerce data in Kodaris while operations would continue to maintain the operational data in the ERP.
No matter what your workflow is, Kodaris can support you to be efficient to leverage Kodaris and your operations to the fullest.
Once you have determined your workflow and have your product data populating, you can proceed to enriching your product data and how that is maintained. Product data can be worked on by teams, or individuals. Permissions can be set so that only certain features can be accessed. This allows for flexibility on who is maintaining specific pieces of information.
The Kodaris PIM also has a built-in workflow engine if you need to control how products are processed when working with large teams. What this engine does is give you a controlled set of work steps as to how products are processed so you can have different teams working on different steps. This is much like any major project management software.
The basic pieces to this workflow engine are:
- PIM Status
- Defines each of the work steps in a life cycle of a product which are:
- Added - products are synced to this pim status.
- Do Not Update - the product does not need to be updated.
- Update - name, description, images, and any additional info are updated.
- QA1 - first check, making sure correct info was used and everything looks good.
- QA2 - final check, if any questions the product is moved to Clarification.
- Clarification - if there are any questions or additional info is needed.
- Complete - product is ready for additional settings and categories, if needed.
- PIM Category
- This allows you to categorize your products into categories for how your team would like to work on them. These categories are separate from GL or Web Categories.
- PIM Product Code
- This field can be used to assign a specific product code for PIM use that is different than your Product Code in Kodaris which can be tied to your ERP or SEO product code.